Thursday, February 9, 2017

"MY OWN PERSONAL JESUS"

 If you're a writer, artist, editor, publisher, or agent who's said "I wish I'd gone to WHC back during its height", Wayne Allen Sallee's essay for CLICKERS FOREVER: A J.F. GONZALEZ TRIBUTE, is going to take you there. Funniest thing I've read in a long time. And straight from the heart with no bullshit.


So with all those bone splinters in my elbow (see previous blog entry), I was still able to finish a 7500 word piece for Brian Keene's anthology, Clickers Forever: A Tribute to J. F. Gonzalez. That's actually the longest piece I've written in about a decade.

Jesus Gonzalez was an incredible person. He edited Iniquities, one of the better magazines that came out of, well, North America, in the early 1990s. And he died of lymphoma in 2014 at the age of 50. All monies go directly to his widow, Cathy, and daughter, Hannah.





No comments:

Post a Comment