Friday, September 8, 2017

Odessa & Twin Peaks












I couldn't make the connection to why the setting was Odessa near the end of the final episode. I went the old-fashioned way before the Google machine and called the Odessa Public Library last Monday.

The guy at the info desk was a fan of the show and was surprised to hear I was calling from Chicago. We talked a bit about how I was a writer and back in the day I would often call the morgue for information on lethal doses of strychnine, common things like that.

He told me about the jackrabbits and we both knew of Jackrabbit's Palace on the show, and then he remembered to tell me about the crater and the Stongehenge thing as an afterthought. I told him I would use his name in a future story and send it to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment