Monday, June 29, 2020

COVID COYOTES ARE WHAT GOT US

A lot of you may not know the details. Three Sundays ago, I took the garbage out around 11PM and my sheltie went to pee. Two coyotes were on the lawn. Bastard virus has the lots empty, no food, no scraps from cars because there aren't any cars. Plenty of reports, but I never saw two at one time. Pal yipped and I punched the coyote in the nose, smelling it and seeing its teeth. Then I was bitten by the other and pulled backwards, I still have teeth holes in the front of my calf and four in the back. I still have rabies, after six shots, and so I am extra susceptible to Covid. Like I care. Pal had a nick that caused damage to his liver, something not seen until Thursday, June 11th. He never complained those four days we knew nothing, he just drank a lot of water. And now you know.






2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. Pal was beautiful and I know he was a precious part of your life. I hope your physical wounds, including the rabies inside you, will soon heal. I know the pain to your heart will not heal so quickly.

    Has the local municipality made any attempt to capture the coyotes, especially considering the rabies and their aggressiveness?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brand new fan - looked up your site (via the blurb preceding Lover Doll in Necro Files) to see if maybe you’d posted any of of the “series of dystopian stories with their beginnings set in the recent future fraught of our current political climate,” as I’ve been working on some tales of my own from pretty much the SAME exact premise...

    Anyway, I’m sorry as hell that this happened. I’m not one for offering unsolicited advice, but in this rare instance (being intimately familiar with the distinct depression born of losing a beloved dog), I hope you’ll consider getting yourself a new furry friend. No one will ever replace Pal, but in my experience, the only way to heal (at all) said void is by getting another dog - or 2.

    Your hellish ordeal stayed in my head while walking my gals a few minutes ago, & I felt compelled to write this. Apologies if it’s the last thing you want to hear, but your tragedy really struck me & this is all I can do to help.

    Take care & stay safe through the rest of this bastard plague.

    ReplyDelete