Sunday, October 6, 2019

WHERE I HAD MY ARM PUT BACK TOGETHER AGAIN AFTER THE PLATES BROKE







  plates broke
After the plates broke, the only alternative was shoving part of my right hip into the left forearm. I really wish I had more photos from that time. But this is where Dr. James O. Schiappa did his thing. He calmly worked on me between 1989 and 1991. He is in the dedication of THE HOLY TERROR and I visited him years ago and found out that he is a legend in his tiny hometown in Italy because his name is in the book. I'm also amazed that he is still at it, repairing people with pieces of metal. The man of steel.

The neighborhood is in bad shape. There are some closed buildings, but what is really sad to see is how the letters are falling off of the Hiawatha and Chippewa apartments. I'm sure those buildings were a big draw in the 1960s when that neighborhood was built up.

No comments:

Post a Comment